YMYB Andover - Coronavirus policy
Updated: May 13th 11:26
Following the latest guidance from both the government, the General Chiropractic Council (GCC) and the British Chiropractic Association (BCA). We have undertaken an extensive risk assessment to determine our current level of service.
Below you can read about:
- Summary of our current position
- What counts as urgent/essential care
- Key points about face-to-face appointments
Summary of our current position
Your health is our number 1 priority. We are open for urgent/essential chiropractic care and remote chiropractic and hypnotherapy consultation only. We anticipate that the majority of appointments in the current phase of the coronavirus pandemic will be remote, virtual appointments.
- All new patients must have a video consultation and attempt to manage with advice for 2-3 days before a face-to-face consultation will be considered.
- Our video consultations are proving effective and the average improvement in symptoms at 2 weeks is 60.6% including both acute and chronic problems.
- Book a video consultation through our online system.
What counts as urgent/essential?
This has to be considered on an individual basis and a phone call discussion will be required for all patients as a minimum. The BCA has provided a basic definition of escalating pain and progressively worsening symptoms that do not respond to conservative care such as remote telehealth advice or pain medication.
We would advise that all patients consider a remote appointment or self management as a first course as the threat of infection is still very real. If you can wait for the situation to deescalate, please do so.
If you are unsure, please call us on 01264 527001 to discuss your situation and needs.
Key points about face-to-face appointments
In the event that you need to attend the clinic, please see the current protocol in place below:
- If you have had any new cough or fever in the past 14 days or have been in contact with someone who has then DO NOT ATTEND.
- You will receive a digital consent form regarding coronavirus risk on the morning of your appointment.
- You will be greeted at the front door and directed to the treatment room, you will not need to open/close any doors.
- Remove all items from pockets and wash your hands with soap and water thoroughly.
- All soft furnishings have been removed for your safety.
- Your chiropractor will take your temperature, if above 37.5 then the appointment will be terminated.
- After treatment, please wash your hands thoroughly again with soap and water.
- Payment is preferred via Apple/Google pay or card.
- All surfaces touched by you and the chiropractor will be thoroughly sanitised after you leave and a minimum of 15 minutes will be left with good air flow before the next appointment.
If you fall into any of the following groups, please stay home and keep yourself safe:
- Aged 70 or over (regardless of medical conditions)
- Chronic (long term) respiratory disease such as asthma, COPD, emphysema or bronchitis
- Chronic heart disease such as heart failure
- Chronic kidney disease
- Chronic liver disease such as hepatitis
- Chronic neurological disease such as MS, parkinsons or motor neurone disease
- Problems with your spleen such as sickle cell disease or have had your spleen removed
- Weakened immune system such as those with HIV, AIDS or on chemotherapy or long term steroids
- Being seriously overweight
- Being pregnant
Please carefully consider how important your appointment is and if you consider it to be essential.