YMYB Andover - Coronavirus policy
Updated: January 10th 09:20
Lockdown 3 - our clinic is classed as an essential business and your chiropractic appointments are approved medical appointments and can continue as long as you feel safe.
Following the latest guidance from the government, the General Chiropractic Council (GCC) and the British Chiropractic Association (BCA). We have undertaken an extensive risk assessment to keep you safe when you visit our practice.
Below you can read about:
- Summary of our current position
- What you need to know
- What we are doing to keep you safe
Summary of our current position
Chiropractic appointments available face-to-face and virtual.
- We have appropriate safety measures and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to return to all normal chiropractic appointments.
- Massage therapist appointments are currently unavailable.
- Hypnotherapy appointments are available as remote, virtual, appointments to keep you as safe as possible.
- New patients have the option of virtual consultation first if they are shielding or vulnerable to reduce time spent in clinic.
- Online booking system resumed.
What you need to know
- 12 hours before your appointment you will receive a mandatory COVID19 symptom screening questionnaire and consent form. This must be completed online, prior to your appointment.
- Facemask is mandatory in the current lockdown, we have them available in clinic for £1.
- Arrive on time. If early, you can wait in reception if wearing a facemask, outside the clinic if not.
- Chiropractors will be wearing a facemask, disposable apron and disposable gloves for each appointment.
- We will take your temperature with a non-contact thermometer, if over 37.8 degrees we will reschedule.
- You will be directed to wash your hands on arrival and when you leave.
- Please pay by card, contactless limit covers full treatment cost. Apple or Google pay can cover any amount charged in clinic.
- Relax! These measures are in place to keep everyone safe.
What we are doing to keep you safe
- If you have had any new cough or fever in the past 14 days or have been in contact with someone who has then DO NOT ATTEND.
- We will not travel to work in our work clothes, we will change on arrival.
- All soft furnishings have been removed for your safety.
- All surfaces touched by you and anyone else will be thoroughly sanitised after you leave.
- Constant ventilation is ensured through reception and treatment rooms where possible.
- PPE is disposed of professionally and used PPE is stored outside and away from the clinic.
- Signage explaining good hand washing technique is available in reception and at every sink.
If you fall into any of the following groups, please discuss with us and wear a facemask to your appointment:
- Aged 70 or over (regardless of medical conditions)
- Chronic (long term) respiratory disease such as asthma, COPD, emphysema or bronchitis
- Chronic heart disease such as heart failure
- Chronic kidney disease
- Chronic liver disease such as hepatitis
- Chronic neurological disease such as MS, parkinsons or motor neurone disease
- Problems with your spleen such as sickle cell disease or have had your spleen removed
- Weakened immune system such as those with HIV, AIDS or on chemotherapy or long term steroids
- Being seriously overweight
- Being pregnant
Please carefully consider how important your appointment is if you are vulnerable and consider rescheduling for after lockdown.