YMYB Andover - Coronavirus policy
Updated: June 12th 2020 14:50
Following the latest guidance from the government, the General Chiropractic Council (GCC) and the British Chiropractic Association (BCA). We have undertaken an extensive risk assessment to keep you safe when you visit our practice.
Below you can read about:
- Summary of our current position
- What you need to know
- What we are doing to keep you safe
Summary of our current position
Chiropractic appointments available face-to-face and virtual.
- We have appropriate safety measures and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to return to all normal chiropractic appointments.
- Massage therapist appointments are returning and you should contact the therapist you want to book with.
- New patients have the option of virtual consultation first if they are shielding or vulnerable to reduce time spent in clinic.
- Online booking system resumed.
What you need to know
- 12 hours before your appointment you will receive a mandatory COVID19 symptom screening questionnaire and consent form. This must be completed online, prior to your appointment.
- Facemask is optional, we have them available in clinic for £1.
- Arrive on time. If early, you can wait in reception if wearing a facemask, outside the clinic if not.
- Chiropractors and massage therapists will be wearing a facemask, disposable apron and disposable gloves for each appointment.
- We will take your temperature with a non-contact thermometer, if over 37.8 degrees we will reschedule.
- You will be directed to wash your hands on arrival and when you leave.
- Please pay by card, contactless limit covers full treatment cost.
- Relax! These measures are in place to keep everyone safe.
What we are doing to keep you safe
- If you have had any new cough or fever in the past 14 days or have been in contact with someone who has then DO NOT ATTEND.
- We will not travel to work in our work clothes, we will change on arrival.
- All soft furnishings have been removed for your safety.
- All surfaces touched by you and anyone else will be thoroughly sanitised after you leave.
- A minimum of 15 minutes will be left with good air flow before the next appointment.
- PPE is disposed of professionally and used PPE is stored outside and away from the clinic.
- Signage explaining good hand washing technique is available in reception and at every sink.
- Timings arranged so patients will not cross paths with each other.
If you fall into any of the following groups, please discuss with us and wear a facemask to your appointment:
- Aged 70 or over (regardless of medical conditions)
- Chronic (long term) respiratory disease such as asthma, COPD, emphysema or bronchitis
- Chronic heart disease such as heart failure
- Chronic kidney disease
- Chronic liver disease such as hepatitis
- Chronic neurological disease such as MS, parkinsons or motor neurone disease
- Problems with your spleen such as sickle cell disease or have had your spleen removed
- Weakened immune system such as those with HIV, AIDS or on chemotherapy or long term steroids
- Being seriously overweight
- Being pregnant
Please carefully consider how important your appointment is and if you consider it to be essential.